How to make asparagus soup
- Cut 1 1/2 inch off the tops of half the asparagus and set aside for a garnish.
- Slice the remaining asparagus.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large saucepan and fry the sliced shallots for 2 to 3 minutes until soft.
- Add the asparagus and fry over low heat for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the stock or water and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, half cover the pan, then simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until the asparagus is very tender.
- Cool slightly and then process the soup in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Press the pureed asparagus through a sieve into a clean saucepan.
- Add the milk by pouring and stirring it through the sieve with the asparagus so as to extract the maximum amount of asparagus puree.
- Melt the remaining butter and fry the reserved asparagus tips gently for 3 to 4 minutes to soften.
- Heat the soup gently for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and the asparagus tips.
- Continue to heat gently and serve sprinkled with chopped fresh chervil.
If you liked our recipe, please share the reviews here.