Asparagus guacamole recipe
Recipe for asparagus guacamole in our easy vegetarian recipes collection. If you like Asparagus soup recipe then you will love this recipe too.
- 1 pound asparagus spears, cut into 1 inch lengths, 2 cups
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped, 1 cup
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
How to make asparagus guacamole
- Combine asparagus and water in a 2-quart saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat to medium-low.
- Simmer 8 to 10 minutes, or until asparagus is tender.
- Rinse with cold water. Drain.
- Blot asparagus with the paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Combine asparagus, yogurt and lemon juice in a food processor or blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl, combine the mixture with the ingredients that are remaining. Chill, if want as per your desire.
- Serve with raw veggies or tortilla chips.